Nothing surprising – the weather is still in the 80s here and everywhere else it seems, but we couldn’t help but check off some items on my autumn bucket list this weekend.
√ Go apple picking (Oak Glen)
We started at Snowline Orchard for mini donuts and wine. They were out of hard cider!
They didn’t allow apple picking, but my mom, who came with us, picked some raspberries. The rest of us hung out with some snacks and listened to a man with a guitar playing country music.
We drove back down to Oaktree Village for the kitschy shops and slice of apple pie.
We ended our day at Los Rios Rancho where we tasted ciders and sat on the green. It was extremely relaxing.
√ Play with goats
I took a ~4 mile hike (more of a hard walk) at Oak Canyon Nature Center. It’s one of my favorite escapes closeby (20 minutes from my home) and I haven’t gone in a long time.
I stumbled upon “goats at work.” They were just being put in so for awhile, it was just me and these calm goats. My friend told me their a negative omen in the Bible, but nonetheless, I’m a fan!
√ Bake apple crisp
Other meals this week:
- Pizza snack – Trader Joe’s flatbread topped with marinara & their almond cheese
- Some sort of chicken meal – if I was ambitious, I would make buffalo chicken bites. I can’t stop craving orange chicken from Fortune Cookies – I’ve gone two weekends in a row and it seems I’ll be going again today.
- My mom bought me a bunch of chicken & veggie dumplings from Costco. It’s another great comfort food.
- Another bucket list item – homemade [protein] mac and cheese.
- Protein shakes with oatmeal and/or cauliflower are filling. Reminder to make a shopping list right now because I need some cauli.
Other things of note:
- 24 hours in Lake Arrowhead – it’s on my list!
- I probably take too many microvacations. I need them to keep sane!
- The Mendocino Coast is high on my overall bucket list.
- If I could afford it, I would buy all the things that keep Constance Wu look gorgeous.
- Leaving this here so I remember to buy it for my coworker for Christmas.