I’ll say it and I’ll do it with confidence: this was the BEST back to school week ever.
- My work wife returned this year and we’re feeding off each other. We started “Feel Good Friday” by bringing root beer floats for the staff.
- My new neighbors are high energy and full of ideas.
- Our new staff is fun and joined us at Friday happy hour.
- Inspired, I redecorated my room for the first time!
- The kids came into a fresh environment with structure, calm, and learning already – we started an extensive writing process that our history and English teams developed last year.
- I was able to work with students one-on-one while the other kids actually worked!
- My personal development goals to “talk less, listen more” has made me more open. The students feel comfortable and trust me – I already got a card, a picture of a sunrise, and a drawing of myself!
- All my lessons for the next 2 weeks are done!
- I slept earlier and woke up and went to work earlier. I had time to slowly start my day too!
- I worked out intuitively, between 30-60 minutes per day. I tried and relied mostly on the Tone It Up app this week.
- I napped 3/5 days after work to rest my brain. Most of the naps were 30 minutes instead of 2 hours!
- I ate in! I made protein shakes with oatmeal for breakfast and shashuka for lunch.
- My coworker and I got manicures. I attempted a mermaid effect.
- BFF Jordan and I went to Avocado Fest at Angel City Brewing, playing cornhole with strangers. This is a random man with an avocado shirt NOT Jordan.
- We walked around the Arts District, checking out the murals, stopping into Pali Wine, and hilariously interpreting the art at Hauser & Wirth.
- I finally bought my plane ticket to Denver for a long Labor Day weekend! 12 days away!