2018 started off rocky, but I’m not dragging the rocks around with me anymore.
With everything (like the day I ultimately chose to lose weight for good), I can’t always explain how I arrived at finally letting go.
Stop letting people who do so little for you control so much of your mind, feelings & emotions.
After an hour of crying, half a day spent in bed, and ultimately, the feeling of frustration, I woke up DONE and it was the most freeing feeling.
I usually give people more chances than they deserve but once I’m done, I’m done.
There were multiple chances given and immense effort put in. I learned and was inspired in the midst of it, which says a lot more about me than the person.
Unfortunately, this was not the only person I had to clear myself of this week. At one point, the friendship was good. Months ago, I felt degraded and put down. We hadn’t spoken until recently and I had hoped to reconcile our friendship, but the moment we spoke, I had never felt so upset by another woman.
I am beyond grateful for the dozens of calls and messages, advice from my work dads, and even the inquiry of my beertender. They really built me up, reminding me of the LIGHT that shines in me.
I am reminded of how far I’ve come in my life.
Last week’s soul sparking memories:
- Enjoying the warm weather over a Michelada
- Wine tasting with old and new friends
- Exploring LACMA with my “bro”
- Healthy vegetarian dinner with my babes
- Catching up on a sunset walk in Long Beach
- Happy hour with my fellow teachers and water signs – I’m a Cancer and they’re Pisces & Scorpio!
- …and work was pretty good – my 8th graders are showing signs of independence! 🙂
Coming up this March!
- Working a couple of Saturdays = $$
- Expo West
- Friends’ birthdays
Heading to Tijuana and Rosarito
- Spring break at the end of the month, when I will be in… EUROPE!