I’m experiencing some FOMO right now, as my friends traveled to the places I had on my radar: Palm Springs and San Francisco. I decided to take it easy, especially with consuming alcoholic beverages, and live a “healthier” and slower weekend.
This was my weekend:
I attempted to go to The Broad on FRIDAY without tickets. We got there 2 hours early and the line was around the building. I decided to get tickets for another day and went to the Flower District instead. We walked around DTLA, shared a custom breakfast burrito from Wake & Lake and got the best hummus plate at Spread Mediterranean. *I think mediterranean food is my favorite.
I headed back north on SATURDAY to hike with Girls Who Hike L.A. It was a perfect day for a 6 mile hike up to Sandstone Peak in the Santa Monica Mountains. I haven’t hiked as much as I want so it was great to get out there. I treated myself to lunch at Erewhon again – I got this amazing turmeric coconut chicken!
Now it’s Sunday and I’m relaxing before some more local fun. Before that, here are some GEMS from the week:
- I’m only a tiny bit guilty of Sh*t L.A. People Say. Maybe it’s because I’m not actually from L.A.
- Super single is a thing and I think that I am.
- I’m actively trying Glitter Guide’s 30 Day Gratitude Challenge. I’m not doing it in order but it’s getting done.
- One of my BFFs and I met working at Blockbuster in 2006. Apparently there’s still a few left.
- This article points out maybe I don’t need a vacation right now, but I definitely needed one in October and will need another one in March. Time to plan!
- Next October, I’m going to Minnesota. Fit Foodie Lee always makes Minnesota look so cool too.
- All signs point to Idyllwild! This article was in my inbox after I booked my Thanksgiving weekend there.
- I used to go to Barnes and Noble in high school and spend far too long reading about my birthday.
- How have I never watched “Drop the Mic?” Gina Rodriguez kills it! There’s also an awkward battle between Randall Park and James Van Der Beek.
- Another thing that makes me happy? The Happy Place. I’m not exactly sure what it is, but I’m in!
- Don’t ask me to hang out on a Friday night – I’m pretty likely to cancel and fall asleep at 8pm instead.